Saturday 25 February 2012

Scumbag brain

You know one of those time where you just think too much and it practically ruins the rest of your day?


Haha well this happened countless number of times especially whilst I am tucked in bed trying to fall asleep. 

It's 11am now and I was just doing my usual browse on the web when suddenly it dawned on me once more; THERE IS ONLY 4 WEEKS LEFT UNTIL END OF TERM.

End of term. The significance? 
  • There are only 2 terms of lectures in 3rd and 4th year so that makes this end of term my final 4 weeks of lectures as an undergraduate.
  • It also means there isn't much time left to complete my work before end of term. Here's the checklist:
    - EES coursework 1 & 2 both falling on the same day
    - FFM coursework which seems to be a b1tch coz I haven't been revising and the coursework seems  quite extensive. Will be working on it this weekend onward
    - FYP background report. Not too sure what I should be writing about but I'm guessing some sort of an update report on the status of my project. Mostly noting the changes and challenges.
    - SES coursework 2. This shouldn't be much of a prob coz Chester (tqtqtq :P ) has handed me a copy of his work from the previous year. It's pretty much the same or perhaps only the date has been altered. But I will be working on it as soon as I'm done with my FYP background report.
  • UKEC careers fair is almost here!!!! Time to step up my game and end it with an ultimate finish.
  • Exams are just around the corner!!! Hopefully the few courseworks above would add towards my revision regime which should take place as soon as I get most of the work out of the way
And most importantly, a time to GROW UP!

It has been a pretty unusual week. Monday began with the commencement of Marketing which I find to be pretty interesting and intellectually engaging. Thursday's work on the EES lab work was pretty good in my opinion. I think I might have hogged the computer for a bit too long coz I was the one doing most of the simulations. Maybe I'm just trying to compensate for my lack of competence in this subject later on :P

Worst part was FFM. Zomg. The coursework was released today and my heart just sank when I first saw the question sheet. It consisted of 5 questions with unknown difficulty trends. All of them seemed technical (in terms of finance) and required quite a heavy amount of real data analysis from Yahoo Finance. It is gonna be sooooooo fun!

Had dinner with the usual bunch and Jonathan joined this time. He was working in RBS as well and I've heard that he's doing pretty well. But he kinda expressed his discontentment working in the company saying "I don't even know why I'm working there". lolz. He IS drawing quite a large salary chunk so I guess that's sort of a motivating factor. 

That put me in the thinking mood once more. Like where would I be in the next half a year? What will I be doing? Did I follow my gut feeling or just ride the waves and see where I end up? I guess most people would test the water and jump in hoping that the course of work life would bring them their plateau of specialization. As naive as I may sound, until that time comes, I will be sticking to my gut feeling and taking a step closer to my goal. 

So yea this is still another NOTE TO SELF IN HALF A YEARS TIME ----> How did things turn out?

Work beckons. Until next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment