Saturday 18 February 2012

A mistake!!!!??!!?? NOOOOOooooooo!!!!

Another boring day and I was supposed to be finishing up my EES coursework.

Didnt happen :P

I did wake up particularly early though. But practically didn't get much work done even towards the end of the day. lolz

So I decided to take a peek at the CV I submitted to the UKEC careers fair. I was being all hyped up about the fair. Part of me wishes that the fair would come by in the next week but then again..... who wouldn't want more time to prepare?

Well I took a look at my CV once more. After my personal particulars I wrote a short stanza about myself and my aspirations. This is how it sounds:

"I am Final Year (4th year) MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Management student at Imperial College London."

OMFG>>>>> 


I missed out an 'a' after 'I am'. ZOMG ZOMG. True it is a pretty minor mistake. The rest of the CV was fine. But this was the start! And a part which was meant to land an impression!! FAKz.......

There are two ways how this may turn out:

(1) The HR personnel would perhaps just skim through and not notice that mistake. This happened with Maybank I presume. 

(2) Reads first line. Discovers mistake. Dumps my CV into the 'unwanted' pile without considering the rest of the document. 

It's quite worrying considering I shouldn't have made such a mistake in the first place. 

Well I submitted the committee an email asking if I could re-submit my CV. 

*Fingers crossed*

Until next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment