Monday 27 February 2012

Hip Hip......!!!!..... Hooray?

Well I've just got home from my usual weekly meeting with my FYP supervisor. For once he mentioned that I've sort of fulfilled the main criteria of the project which is to essentially implement a bio-inspired bolus algorithm coupled with a meal library. I'm sort of in the improvement phase so that's pretty good to know :)

So last weekend was a bit of a disaster. I had to head in to uni on a Sunday to work on my FFM project with Edwin. Well thanks to William's copy of last years work (THANK YOU WILLIAM!!!), it ain't the same thing but we managed to use some of his info and sort of completed our chunk of the work. Really good stuff.

Later that night I had my usual internet browse and I decided to pay the Accenture Malaysia Careers website a  visit. Oh looK! The Return Home Program is open!!!! That was around 10pm and I started working on it ASAP. The tough part was structuring the cover letter. I decided to make this cover letter different from my usual generic versions.The cover letter practically took up my entire night. I think I finished the application at approximately 1am. Fingers crossed. 

Well that's not the only issue. According to Jonathan, the interview process would involve a couple of phone interviews prior to the careers fair. He mentions that the phone interviews were very much like HR type of interviews. I was afraid that it would've been case interviews over the phone I guess HR interviews would make things a little more interesting.

Nope that's not all. I did a search on Google and it appears that some candidates which applied via the fair (management consultancy) had case interviews over the phone! In fact, 2/3 case interviews!!! Oh man. Is it time to panic? Well I don't think I am prepared for the cases and with the amount of work to be done before end of term, it's gonna be a pretty rough ride.

You know what they say, no pain no gain right? And it's now or never.

Until next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment